Sunday, September 13, 2009

I just love this time of the year

Hey
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.
Fall is my favorite time of the year.
The apples are ready to be picked!. And even if you burnt the apple pie you made last time or there was too much sugar in the applesauce, you can start again, with this year’s fresh batch of apples.
School is back in session - the beginning of a new year. No matter what happened last year in school, you get to start all over again. Fresh.
I used to love it in New England at this time of the year, the universities looked so beautiful, everyone dressed in their new clothing; the College towns make the towns look brand new for the incoming freshmen.
The next couple of weeks are the high holy days in the Jewish religion, the end of the year and the beginning of the new year. It is the time to say that you are sorry for the mistakes you made this year, get the slate wiped clean, and start a whole new year again, fresh!
Today, I joined a small group, none of whom I ever met before, and enrolled in a 12 week weight loss competition. The winner gets a small cash prize, although everyone really wins. The comradery, working together towards a common goal. Sharing each others victories and triumphs, and helping each other through the failures and losses so that the next time they will also be triumphs and victories. Fresh beginnings.
It doesn’t matter that there have been diets in the past, and that some of them have failed. Wipe the slate clean and start again. Fresh.
I have been trying to lose weight for quite a while - spelled most of my life. I have had several great diets where I have lost lots of weight, and kept the weight off for years, only to gain it back and then some in time. It doesn’t matter.
I am going to do it again, even better than before, I am older, smarter. This is a new program, one that I’ve never done before, (a competition), and it is going to be the best one yet. But it’s a new program, and new start. Fresh beginning.
This could be an email about re-setting the goals for the year too. It’s always a good time to sit down and go over goals, update them, check to see how you are doing on the short term, medium and ultimate big goals. Remember the best way is to write them down; that way you can read and review them periodically (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).
REMEMBER- FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!
And while taking this time to look inward, to review your goals, and your progress, it is also a good time to examine the steps that you are taking, and to look at what you thought would help you reach your goals. To look at the things in your life that aren’t working according to the plan, that aren’t helping you reach your goals and may even be hindering you.
This is a good time to examine the steps you thought would help you reach your goals. Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t.
But now is a good time to make the changes that need to be made so you are moving forward towards your goals.
One of the changes I am making, is moving my Real Estate license to Salmon Real Estate (although still waiting for the paperwork at the Dept of State). I have known the Salmon’s my entire life. My parents’ last house on Staten Island, and Egon Salmon’s last house on Staten Island were next to each other in Todt Hill. Their properties touched each other, and so do our lives.
Jon has been editing the stories and articles that I send out as emails from the beginning, and Jon and Henry Salmon are two of the most supportive friends I have.
So lookout world, soon you will see the new and improved me, svelte and dapper, reaching for the stars, and setting the world on fire.
I just love this time of the year.
………………………to be continued

No comments: